Easter has come, and now it’s gone. I hope that Sunday was a stirring worship experience for you, a reminder of the present and eternal hope you have because of the bodily resurrection of Christ.
Something dangerous can happen to Christians a few days after Easter – we forget that Jesus walked out of the grave. No, I don’t mean that we literally forget this historic event; I mean that we forget to live a life based on our resurrection faith.
In today’s devotional, I simply want to remind you of 3 resurrection guarantees that enable you to live with unusual stability and lifelong activism.
1. The resurrection of Jesus guarantees eternity. No matter how mundane, routine, and slowly progressing your story seems to be, it’s marching towards a glorious conclusion. There will be a moment when God will raise you out of this broken world into a paradise where sin and suffering will be no more (1 Corinthians 15:52, Revelation 21:4).
2. The resurrection of Jesus guarantees security. No matter how unpredictable and out-of-control your life feels, Jesus is reigning, and he will continue to reign until the final enemy is under his feet (1 Corinthians 15:25). That doesn’t mean you won’t experience pain and hurt in this world, but it does mean there’s nothing that Jesus does not know about, cannot intervene in, or alter altogether.
3. The resurrection of Jesus guarantees delivery. No matter how hopeless and weak you think you are, you have been provided with all the grace you need to make it to the end. Future grace always carries with it the promise of present grace. God will provide everything you need until you see him face to face (2 Peter 1:3).
Because of these 3 resurrection guarantees, you can live with unusual stability and lifelong activism. You don’t need to be blown around by the unpredictable circumstances of daily life, because you have a predictable eternity coming. And, while you wait for Christ to return, you have the motivation and ability to make the godly decision every single time, regardless of what you’re facing.
Beloved brothers and sisters, no matter what happens today or tomorrow, you can live with unusual stability and lifelong activism because the resurrection of Christ guarantees eternity, security, and delivery. That's a message that shouldn't be limited to just one Sunday a year!
Paul David Tripp
- In word, deed, or desire, how have you already forgotten about Easter?
- What things regularly compete for your attention and distract you from the Empty Tomb?
- How can the guarantee of eternity make a difference for you this week? Be specific.
- How can the guarantee of security make a difference for you this week? Be specific.
- How can the guarantee of delivery make a difference for you this week? Be specific.